Sunday, August 21, 2011

New Addition

 Last year, I had my desk removed and had a table brought in instead.  My thinking behind this?  My desk was just a place to store stuff and I often would meet with students and wanted to have a place where they could work too.

Using my brain, I decided to visit a local furniture store looking for used tables that I could buy and maybe refinish or paint if needed.  One of the owners had me look at a table that was determined "defective" due to the tile not meeting straight on with the wood.  Bad for them, great for me!  Lo and behold, this beautiful table was brought in Friday night and I can't wait for the class to see the new table Monday morning.  It also has a leaf which is being stored in my attic.

I am hoping to locate some bar stools (the table's a little higher and now my teacher chair doesn't quite work) and then students can also work at the table!

What do you think?


2 comments: