Thursday, January 26, 2012

Writing Workshop

You probably read quite a bit in reading workshop today.  You might have really enjoyed your buddy reading today.  As you were working, thinking went on in your head.  Since I can't be there today, I'd still love to know what you read and what was going on in your head.  You are going to write me a letter telling me all about your thinking!  I know...some of you are excited and some of you just groaned inside. 

Here are some questions to help you get started...
  • What book did you read?
  • What happened in the book?
  • Did you like it or not?  Why or why not?  Use a BECAUSE!
  • Were you inferring?
  • What tricky words did you find?
  • Did you learn something in your book?
  • What lesson did the author try to teach you?
You will turn this letter in TODAY and you need to do your very best and edit it when you finish it.  Please DO NOT put it in an envelope and work on the spacing of the letter...remember under, under, under!

I'm excited to read your letters!

Happy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment