Friday, February 8, 2013

We Got the Giggles...

We used nouns to help us create adjectives today.  Webs helped us fan adjectives from the noun in the middle.  I had the class create some webs and then we did a backwards share.  We shared the adjectives and guessed what their noun was. 

Giggles occurred when they would use positive adjectives and I would nod my head to signify that it could be about me and then they would throw in our favorite adjectives: fat, plump, and smelly.

One certain writer began her list...
  • cute
  • smart
  • pretty
  • awesome
  • sweet
  • nice
  • thankful
We were all inferring me, the teacher...

And then she said, "Ugly and hairy."

Well, that changed my thinking.  There's no way it could be me. 

The class guessed.  We didn't get it.

She then responded with, "The teacher."

Nice...

We had to stop there to wipe our "tears of joy". 

I'm glad I can laugh at myself...and so can the class!

No comments:

Post a Comment