Monday, December 12, 2011

Inferring

Every year I bring in my neighbor's trash (this would be my own trash, but I mislead the students and let them believe I took it from my neighbor's to learn about them).

Here is their (my) trash:

Some of their inferences:
  • They like vegetables (cans of corn and beets).
  • It's a woman (because there is a lot of cooking type items).
  • They like bread (pita package and Hawaiian bread package).
  • They like to read (magazine and newspaper).
  • They don't read the newspaper (newspaper in trash).
  • They have kids (Cuties box and hot cocoa box).
  • They like to cook (Cooking Light magazine).
And if you've been following our blog, you know that I also took a cookie out of the trash for a lesson.  My class was definitely appalled today and have asked that I stop getting items out of the trash.  Their facial expressions were priceless!
 

1 comment:

  1. This is funny! When W came home he told me about the trash...he said whoever they were definitely had kids! :)

    ReplyDelete